Statewide sexual assault workforce development
These workshops are provided for those working in DHS funded sexual assault support services. Please contact the workforce development training coordinator if you are interested in attending and are not currently employed in the sexual assault field.
Workforce development annual report 2014
Online training and resources
While we are all in lockdown with COVID-19 here are some online training and resources to help keep you up to date.
The Australian Psychological Society are presenting a Free webinar this Thursday 23rd April re “Loneliness and self isolation in a time of COVID 19”. It is available for anyone.
Semester 1, 2020
Due to COVID-19 the DHHS workshops scheduled for March and April have been cancelled, postponed or will be presented as a webinar. The CEASE workshops for March and April have been rescheduled.
Workforce development calendar semester 1, 2020
- February 18th - DHHS funded sexual assault workers - EF 80 Resilient Practice - could ‘Vicarious Trauma’ be the gateway to the development of ‘Vicarious Resilience?'
- February 19th - DHHS funded sexual assault workers - EF 81 'Trauma Informed Diversity Awareness' Conscious inclusion of gender, sexuality and relationship diversity
- February 27th - CEASE workers - Working with families in the context of sibling abuse, including restorative processes
- March 17th - DHHS funded sexual assault workers - EF 82 Compassion Focused therapy for survivors of childhood sexual abuse - CANCELLED
- March 18th - DHHS funded sexual assault workers - AD 76 Shame in the treatment of those who have experienced childhood sexual assault - CANCELLED
- April 29th - DHHS funded sexual assault workers - Regulating through the Body: Practices to Comfort, Ground and Stabilize - WEBINAR (Will be recorded)
To register for the recording please follow this link
- May 12th - DHHS funded sexual assault workers - Providing therapy via video or phone - VIA ZOOM
- May 13th - DHHS funded sexual assault workers - Trauma therapy with children in the online world! - WEBINAR
- May 19th & 20th - DHHS funded sexual assault workers - EF 83 Trauma Focused Cognitive Therapy – helping sexual assault survivors - postponed to June or August
- May 26th- DHHS funded sexual assault workers - Providing therapy via video or phone - VIA ZOOM
- June 2nd - CEASE workers - 'Doing Shame Without Shaming : Working With Affect in Sexual Harm and Trauma’ - VIA ZOOM 10-12.30pm
- June 16th &17th - DHHS funded sexual assault workers - EF 84 Legal Training - POSTPONED
- July 15th - CEASE workers - Doing Shame without Shaming: Working With Affect in Sexual Harm and Trauma’: Part 2 - VIA ZOOM 2-4.30pm
- July 24th - CEASE workers - Using Strengths Based work when working with children who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviours - RESCHEDULED
- November 27th - CEASE workers - Clinical formulation and Assessment - RESCHEDULED
For more information about these workshop please contact Sarah McGregor, Training Co-ordinator, Statewide Sexual Assault Workforce Development
Phone: 03 99288741 Mon-Wed